Due to high levels of unprocessed foods consumed, environmental toxins and stress the state of many people’s gut health is highly compromised. And the communication between gut and brain breaks down. Aside from that war rages on in your gut constantly between ‘good’ bacteria and ‘bad’ bacteria and when the bad over populates the good then problems begin to arise. For the same reason that neurotransmitters are not be utilized or manufactured optimally many people are developing ‘leaky gut’ type symptoms as a result never reaching their fitness goals. It has been reported that low levels of ‘good’ bacteria contributes to unwanted weight gain.
What are some symptoms of ‘leaky gut’?
• Poor skin health (eczema, psoriasis)
• Bad mood
• Chronic fatigue
• Weight gain
• Bloatedness after eating
• Undigested food in stools
What are some of the ways to improve gut health?
• Remove possible offending foods from your diet (unprocessed sugary foods)
• Supplement with glutamine and slipper elm to repair the gut
• Eat plenty of fermentable fibers (starches like sweet potato, yam, yucca, etc.)
• Eat fermented foods like kefir, yogurt (full fat natural) sauerkraut, kim chi, etc.
• Take a high-quality, multi-species probiotic
• Treat any intestinal pathogens (such as parasites) that may be present
• Take steps to manage your stress (Meditation, reading , etc)
Please fill out your details on the form below and we will be in touch shortly.