PRE & POST
Pre and Post Natal is about: How to identify the physiological and anatomical changes of pregnancy in the body, how these changes relate to the studio and gym environments and how to identify cases when exercise and activity are not recommended.
TIME TABLE EACH WEEK
Tuesday & Thursday evenings 7 – 10pm
This accredited qualification will be awarded 16 REPS CPD points
- Learn how to identify the physiological and anatomical changes of pregnancy in the body
- Learn how these changes relate to the studio and gym environments
- Learn how to identify cases when exercise and activity are not recommended
WHO IS THE COURSE SUITABLE FOR?
- Personal trainers and advanced instructors
- Those wishing to work with pregnant or post-natal women
WHAT QUALIFICATIONS ARE NEEDED?
- EQF Level 3 Certificate In Fitness Instructing – or equivalent or higher, (other similar qualifications may be recognised)
HOW IS IT ASSESSED?
- Case study
- Session planning and risk assessment
- Nutritional advice leaflet
- Antenatal and postnatal anatomy and physiology
- Baby development through each Tri-mester
- Core stability and pelvic floor
- Kegel exercises
- The do’s and don’ts of exercise for each trimester and the post natal period
- Safety implications to training and reasons for referrals
- Development of training programmes suitable for all trimesters of pregnancy
- Childbirth and the postnatal period
- Postnatal exercise programme development
- Relevant teaching skills
GRANTS & FUNDING AVAILABLE
Image Fitness Training is one of the only training providers approved for funding
If you are in receipt of any type of social welfare payments, you may be entitled to €1000 off your course fees.